What are nutritious foods?
Nutritious foods are foods that are high in nutrients; they are necessary for healthy growth and development. Food is the source of our energy, and proper nutrition is one of the main contributors to overall health.
- Sugary Beverages
- Partially Hydrogenated Oils
- Fatty Meats
- Excess Sodium
- Saturated Fats
- Refined Grains
- Excessive Calories
- Processed Foods
- Whole Grains
- Low-Fat Dairy
- Nuts and Seeds
- Unsaturated Fats
- Lean Meat and Fish
- Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated Oils
2 in 3 American are Either Overweight or Obese!
National Nutrition by the Numbers:
- Reducing the sodium Americans eat by 1,200 mg per day could save up to $20 Billion a year in medical costs.
- More than 23 Million Americans live in food deserts – areas that are more than a mile a way from a supermarket.
- Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
Fund Participant Particulars:
- Only 209 Participants utilized the Nutritionist Benefit in 2018. that is approximately 1.2% of the population.
What could happen in the future if things stay the same?
Recent reports project that by 2030, half of all adults (about 115 million) in the United States will be obese. On average, those who are obese have medical costs that are $1,429 more than those of normal weight (roughly 42% higher).
Are Nutritional Counseling Visits Covered Under the Plan’s Health Benefits?
Yes, Nutritional Counseling visits are Covered at 100% through Independence Administrators!*
Active Covered Participants are eligible for up to 6 visits per plan year with a Registered Dietitian.
To locate an in-network provider near you, please visit the Independence Administrators website MyIBXTPABenefits.com
or call 1.800.810.BLUE