Kid-Friendly Patriotic Punch with Twizzler Straws!
To make some fun patriotic punch, you’ll need 3 different kid-friendly juices/drinks in red, white, and blue. Really, you can use ANY red, white, and blue drinks that you think will taste okay together. The catch is that all three need different sugar contents per ounce. And, the larger the sugar content difference, the better your drink will layer. That’s because this involves a little kitchen science–density to be exact. So, you’ll need to read your labels and do a little math for this recipe!
• Cran-cherry juice (red)
• Kid-friendly piña colada drink (white)
• Blue raspberry drink (blue)
- Start by filling the glass about 1/4-1/3 of the way up with the drink with the highest sugar content per serving.
- Then, fill the cup FULL with ice
- Pour the drink with the next highest sugar content very slowly over the ice. You’ll use the ice as a sort of buffer – pouring directly on to the ice with a very slow pour (small amount). If you just pour a whole bunch in quickly, the colors will combine.
- Repeat with the last layer.
- Snip the ends off of a Twizzlers candy and place in the drink for a straw. For some added fun, you could take some of the red, white, and blue Twizzlers PULL ‘N’ PEEL candy to add a little edible bow or tie to your straw.
Hashtag #FundFamilyFun to show us your Patriotic Punch!
Visit this website for more details: