It’s snack time!
February is National Snack Food Month, so this month, focus on snacking in the healthiest ways possible. Most days, we need a snack or two (or 7) to make it through the day… and if we choose nutritious choices, snacking more can make a positive impact on our overall health; believe it or not, it can even help with weight loss!
Try this recipe
Healthy Banana Bars
- Coconut sugar
- Milk (almond milk can work)
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Cinnamon + nutmeg
- Chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, then add the sugar and wet ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut it into bars. ENJOY!
Here is a list of other healthy snack ideas:
- Mixed nuts
- Pepper slices to dip in guacamole
- Greek yogurt with granola, oats, and/or mixed berries
- Apple slices, carrots, or celery dipped in peanut butter
- Cottage cheese
- Dark chocolate with almonds
- Cucumber (or any veggies) dipped in hummus
- Any fruits and veggies
- Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella and basil
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Healthy beef jerky
- Protein shake or fruit smoothie