As a precaution to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic and to protect the Fund Participants and Staff, the Fund Office will be operating at limited capacity until further notice – as of Monday March 23, 2020.
We have taken steps to make sure the office can operate remotely and continue to service Participants until it is deemed safe to return. However, it is important to realize that we are operating with a limited staff. We ask that you please exercise patience and depending on the volume of requests, responses might be longer than normal. The Fund will continue to:
- Process and update your Health and Welfare eligibility.
- Process all Pension benefit payments to all existing pensioners and survivors.
- Process HRA reimbursements via the HRA App (iOS or Android) or Portal.
- Process any Vacation benefit payments.
- Process existing weekly disability/workers comp benefit payments.
Please note: The Fund will be limited to processing new applications. Please reach out to the Fund Staff to see how we can best help you.
Connecting with us. Participants will still be able to contact the Fund Staff:
- Email / chat feature on bottom right of website and app
- Interactive online forms and secure upload for transmitting documents to the Fund Office.
Via email through one of the addresses listed below:
- Medical Department (HRA, Medicare, Rx) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retirement Department (Pension, Annuity, Savings) email@example.com
- Collections Department (Hours, Vacation, Dependent Care) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nurse Care Coordination Team email@example.com
- General Information firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media / Email. Any announcements will be sent via email and posted on the Fund’s social media pages. Make sure you follow us to stay informed.
Additional Helpful Apps. These are additional apps we recommend you download that will help you navigate your benefits.
- Independence Administrators Insurance Coverage ios or android
- Carpenters Fund HRA Account ios or android
- Carpenters Savings Plan ios or android
- AmWell Telehealth ios or android
- Express Scripts ios or android
If you do not have access to any of these electronic communications, please feel free to leave a voice message at the Fund’s Main phone number, (215) 568-0430. The Fund will be monitoring the voice messages and someone will call you back as soon as possible. However, the most efficient means of communicating with the Fund staff will be through the electronic means listed above.
If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms, have a fever, shortness of breath, are coughing or sneezing or if you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of the Coronavirus, we strongly encourage you to reach out to your healthcare provider and tell them your symptoms. You also can use the Health Fund’s Telehealth Benefit, through Amwell, where you can utilize your mobile device to speak live with a Physician. Reminder: There is no cost to using the Telehealth Benefit.
For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to keep yourself and your family safe from infection, you can get the latest from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.