At-Home COVID-19 Tests at No Cost to You
As of January 15, 2022 the Express Scripts Prescription Plan will cover the cost of at-home over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic test authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This is for Active and Pre-Medicare Retirees only.
Here’s how it works:
- Use your Express Scripts ID card at any retail pharmacy (Your Independence Administrators insurance card will not work).
- Bring the COVID-19 test to the pharmacy counter, not the regular checkout lane.
- Check out at the pharmacy counter and show your Express Scripts ID card. Your at-home COVID-19 test should automatically ring up at no cost to you.
- If you weren’t able to purchase your at-home COVID-19 test(s) at the pharmacy counter, or happened to be charged, you can submit your receipt for reimbursement of up to $12 per test online through your Express Scripts Account or download the Claim Reimbursement Form.
- Effective date for this program is January 15, 2022.
- If you paid for an at-home test(s) between January 15 through the 28th, please submit for reimbursement online through your Express Scripts Account or Claim Reimbursement Form.
- Test purchased prior to the January 15, 2022 effective should be submitted to the HRA for reimbursement, if applicable.
- At-home COVID-19 tests through this program are for personal use only. They cannot be used for employment purposes, resale, or be reimbursed by another source.
- Who is eligible for this reimbursement program? All eligible Participants and Dependents covered by Express Scripts.
- How many at-home COVID-19 tests are covered by Express Scripts each month? You can receive up to eight (8) at-home COVID-19 tests per eligible Participant/Dependent from any retail pharmacy every
30 days at no cost to you.
- How much will I be reimbursed or covered for when purchasing an at-home COVID-19 test? The Plan covers the cost of at-home COVID-19 tests up to $12 each.
- Is there a limit to how many test I can purchase at one time? Yes, pharmacy purchase limits on at-home COVID-19 tests may apply.